My Shopping List
Strawberry Shrimp and Feta Salad
Courtesy of California Strawberry Commission
Serve With:Servings: 4
Bakery fresh rolls and ice-cold lemonade.
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 5 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
For the salad:
+ 2 c. (about 10 oz.) fresh strawberries, stemmed and quartered
+ 1/3 c. thinly sliced red onion
+ 3/4 lb. peeled and deveined raw shrimp
+ 8 c. mixed salad greens, such as butter lettuce and watercress
+ 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
+ 1 small cucumber, sliced (about 24 slices)
For the vinaigrette:
+ 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
+ 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
+ 1 Tbsp. chopped shallots
+ 1/2 tsp. salt
+ 1/4 tsp. black pepper
+ 2 Tbsp. water
What to do:
1. To make vinaigrette: In small bowl, whisk together ingredients for vinaigrette.
2. Over gas or charcoal grill or in grill pan on stove top, grill shrimp 5 minutes, turning once, or until pink and cooked through.
3. In small bowl, toss strawberries with 1 Tbsp. of the vinaigrette.
4. In large bowl, toss greens and onion with remaining vinaigrette to coat lightly.
5. Divide among 4 chilled salad plates and arrange strawberries and shrimp on top of greens. Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with slices of cucumber, equally divided.
Tips: For a variation, substitute shredded smoked chicken for the shrimp. Pre-cooked, shelled shrimp may be substituted for grilled shrimp.
* Nutritional information does not include suggested side dishes.
Fumé Blanc, Chardonnay, Champagne
Calories: 304; Total Fat: 17g; Cholesterol: 192mg; Total Carbs: 15g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 25g; Sodium: 808mg;