My Shopping List
Peanut Breakfast Shortcakes
Courtesy of National Peanut Board
Serve With:Servings: 6
Everyone will love this fun approach to breakfast or brunch.
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 14 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 3/4 c. honey-roasted peanuts
+ 1 can (15 oz.) sweet potatoes, drained
+ 1/2 c. nonfat milk
+ 2 Tbsp. melted margarine and sugar
+ 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
+ 2 c. reduced-fat biscuit mix
4 c. fresh berries, sliced peaches, nectarines or plums or mixture of any fresh fruits in season
+ peanut oil
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 425º F.
2. For shortcakes, chop 1/4 c. of the peanuts. Mash enough sweet potatoes to make 3/4 c. Refrigerate remaining potatoes for other uses.
3. Combine in bowl the mashed potato, milk, margarine, sugar, cinnamon and chopped peanuts. Add biscuit mix and mix until blended (some lumps will remain).
4. Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheets coated lightly with peanut oil, making 6 equal portions. If desired, sprinkle top of each with an additional 1/4 tsp. sugar. Bake on high oven rack for 12 to 14 Min. or until golden and baked in center.
6. To assemble, split shortcakes and fill and top with fruit, peanuts and yogurt. Garnish with mint if desired.
Garnish with 1 c. plain nonfat yogurt.
* Recipe courtesy of the National Peanut Board. For more delicious recipes, please visit
Calories: 410; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 1mg; Total Carbs: 61g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 11g; Sodium: 620mg;