My Shopping List
Bacon & Egg Breakfast Grilled Cheese
Courtesy of The incredible edible egg™
Prep Time: 4 Min.
Cook Time: 6-8 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 eggs
+ 2 Tbsp. milk or water
+ salt and pepper
+ 3 tsp. butter, room temp., divided
+ 4 slices whole wheat or white bread
+ 2 slices Colby jack cheese
+ 4 slices fully cooked bacon
What to do:
1. Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper in bowl until blended.
2. Heat 1 tsp. butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Pour in egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, Gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking- pulling, lifting and folding eggs - until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Remove from pan. Clean skillet.
3. Spread remaining 2 tsp. butter evenly on one side of each bread slice. Place 2 slices in skillet, buttered side down. Top evenly with scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon. Cover with remaining bread, buttered side up.
4. Grill sandwiches over medium heat, turning once, until bread is toasted and cheese is melted, 2 to 4 min.
* Avoid cast iron. Eggs scrambled in a cast iron skillet can turn a greenish shade. This harmless but unappealing color change is the result of a chemical reaction between iron in the pan and sulfur in egg whites.
* Don't overcook. The heat retained in the pan will continue to cook and firm up the eggs after pan is removed from heat.
* How long to beat - It's a matter of preference. Light beating produces more dense scrambled eggs. Vigorous beating aerates the eggs, resulting in lighter fluffier curds.
"For more ways to enjoy The incredible edible egg™, visit incredibleegg.org"
Calories: 408; Total Fat: 24g; Saturated Fat: 11g; Cholesterol: 264mg; Total Carbs: 24g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 23g; Sodium: 697mg;